A Few Words...

What is written here is my opinion and personal experience only. I am not qualified to give advice - medical, legal, or otherwise. Please be responsible and do your own research regarding treatments, diets, doctors, and alternative therapies.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Holding Steady

Just a quick up-date to report that I've been feeling pretty well lately and things seem to be holding steady.  This morning was the first time in several weeks where I felt the tingling sensation in my sinuses, or somewhere thereabouts, some buzzing in my ear, and the mild brain fog that precedes an attack.  However, as the day went on, other than a couple of very mild minispins, I seem to have pulled through unscathed.  This has happened a few times in the past few months - I've felt an attack was coming on, but my symptoms just went away after a few hours.  That NEVER happened before.  I had always hoped, wanted, that to happen, but my usual pro-drome of symptoms ALWAYS culminated within a day or two into a full-blown attack of vertigo or what later became just some serious dysequilibrium issues.

I am not sure what is happening here.  I'd like to think the allergy shots are effecting the change.  But if there's one thing I've learned about Meniere's disease is that it does what it wants, when it wants to do it and with no apparent rhyme or reason.  So I will just go with the flow of change and not get too attached to the relative peace I've had recently.

My left (good) ear continues to ring more and more and I feel mild pressure from time to time.  Sometimes I think my hearing in that ear is not 100% either.  But I am not going to agonize over it.  I am going to live each day to the fullest and not waste my energy worrying about it since that won't do anything but steal more good hours from my life.  Gotta spend 'em wisely and to me that's time spent NOT thinking about Meniere's.

On that note, back to my regularly scheduled life.

No comments:

Post a Comment