A Few Words...

What is written here is my opinion and personal experience only. I am not qualified to give advice - medical, legal, or otherwise. Please be responsible and do your own research regarding treatments, diets, doctors, and alternative therapies.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day # 1 (6/14/11)

This may bore some people, but at least one purpose of this blog is selfish so I am going to keep a running diary of this experimentation with famciclovir (Famvir).

I picked up my prescription this afternoon and I am to take 250 mg twice a day for 30 days.  I do have 2 refills, but I am supposed to make an appointment to see Dr. Wilkinson in 3-4 weeks.

I took the first pill this evening with dinner.

As a reminder, I am coming down off of four days of an attack building (significant brain fog, buzzing and gurgling in my ear, and exhaustion) that culminated in a mild vertigo attack last night.  I started feeling really off-balance about 8pm yesterday, so I took 4 mg of diazepam (Valium) and within 30 minutes felt much better.

Today the buzzing in the ear is gone, though I have my baseline high-pitched ringing - not too loud.  A little pressure is still there.  And this evening I am feeling the typical imbalance that I experience after vertigo.

I also have a dull headache now, about 2 hours since taking the famciclovir.  Nothing major, but I do see now that the label on the pill bottle says, "may cause headache."  Coincidence?  Probably.

Ready for a good night's sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment