A Few Words...

What is written here is my opinion and personal experience only. I am not qualified to give advice - medical, legal, or otherwise. Please be responsible and do your own research regarding treatments, diets, doctors, and alternative therapies.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Growing Up at 40

On June 10th, 2009 I was at the end of my 40th year.

It was the date I saw Dr. Harris for the first time and he confirmed I had Meniere's Disease.

  I left his office with a prescription for a diuretic.  It was the first real prescription I had ever had beyond birth control pills.  Aren't "water pills" only for old people with high blood pressure?


It was the date I got glasses for the first time.  Since getting vertigo for the first time, I began having trouble focusing my eyes for periods of time following an attack.  The eye doctor didn't believe it could be related to the vertigo, instead he said it was due to astigmatism and I walked out of his office with a pair of $600 glasses.  I am still glad I have the glasses on certain days, but I DO believe my vision fluctuates in the hours after a vertigo attack because of the nystagmus.  Do I really need glasses?  I don't know.

We closed escrow that day and became homeowners for the first time in our adult lives.

It was the kids' last day of school.  They had finished the first and second grades and were excited to be moving into a house with stairs.

Yes, on that day, I finally felt like an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment