A Few Words...

What is written here is my opinion and personal experience only. I am not qualified to give advice - medical, legal, or otherwise. Please be responsible and do your own research regarding treatments, diets, doctors, and alternative therapies.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Ear is Pissed

I am now 10 (!) days without vertigo.  New record since November 16th.

I wish I could say I have been feeling great these past ten day, but my ear is angry and not going down without a fight.  I am not complaining, mind you.  I have not missed a day of work or of life, and I am utterly grateful for the fact that I am vertical everyday, but all of my other symptoms have been raging.

My head is in a constant fog.  I have had varying degrees of pressure deep in my ear which only today seems to be letting up.  And the ringing: a loud, constant buzzing which interferes with any good hearing I have in my good ear.  This week has been the mother of all attacks minus the vertigo.  And I am FUNCTIONING through it all.  So take that, bastard!

I have been through this before and it did get better.  And, honestly, if it doesn't this time, that is okay, too.  But I will continue to beat the vertigo into submission every time it even thinks of rearing its ugly head.  It will not win.  Though we may both look like a haggard and bloodied Rocky Balboa in the end.

2 comments:

  1. It is now fourteen days and counting with zero vertigo? Peut-etre?! I verily hope so. Do let us know!! :D

    Btw, I always think of you when I watch "Arrested Development": Lucille 2, the Liza Minelli character, and her vertigo. If you do not know of the show, shame on you. I shall do my best, if need be, to keep you up-to-date with pop culture. Voila, un clip of Lucille 2 and her vertigo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU7DSHs8aJw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, still no vertigo! Woooo hoooo!! I can't hear crap, though, but I can live with that. Should get better with time. Will try to watch the video. I appreciate you are my link to all things modern and hip. ;-)

    ReplyDelete